I really like stuffed mushrooms as a yummy facet dish or appetizer. Once they’re filled with crab meat they will simply double as a major dish too. These stuffed portobello mushrooms characterised melted mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes for a scrumptious Caprese model.
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
There are a lot of completely different filling choices relating to mushrooms. A number of recipes use panko breadcrumbs, however, I’ve discovered they’re simply as scrumptious without. You need to use parmesan cheese, cream cheese, or goat cheese so as to add creaminess. Or strive for some veggies, diced artichoke hearts, or sauteed pink bell peppers for stuffing. They’re additionally nice with a bit of contemporary parsley or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar excessive.
This Caprese mushroom model is low-carb, gluten-free, and keto-pleasant. I like to complete them with a lightweight drizzle of do-it-yourself raspberry French dressing. You may additionally add some contemporary chopped oregano or freshly cracked black pepper after cooking too.
The garlic-infused butter sauce provides one other layer of taste to those. And the melted mozzarella mixed with the tangy tomatoes and aromatic basil tastes so good.
Totally different Sorts of Mushrooms
I take advantage of giant portobello mushrooms for this recipe. Their measurement and meaty taste actually work nicely. You need to use different forms of mushrooms as nicely. The standard white mushrooms you see in the grocery retailer are merely the infant model of portobellos. If left to mature, the white mushrooms begin to darken and develop extra taste. This centre stage is bought as cremini mushrooms. Then after they’re absolutely developed they develop into portobello mushrooms.
So portobellos have probably the most mushroom taste and the least water content material of the bunch. In the event you choose although you can use white mushrooms, cremini, or child Bella for this recipe.
Prepping the Mushrooms
Upon getting your mushrooms the subsequent step is to get them able to stuff! You’ll begin by eradicating the mushroom stem… straightforward sufficient. I like to avoid wasting these for different dishes, like stir fry or omelettes.
Subsequently, you may give your mushrooms a fast rinse to take away any grime. Historically, the really useful method to clean mushrooms is to easily wipe the skin with a humid paper towel. Mushrooms take up water rather well, so submerging them in water can influence the flavour.
Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe
An enjoyable and scrumptious tackle the basic Caprese flavours of tomato, mozzarella, and basil. All stuffed right into a portobello mushroom cap and roasted in the oven for a melty, savoury deal.
- 6 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 TBSP butter (or olive oil)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup mini contemporary mozzarella balls
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 leaves contemporary basil (thinly sliced)
- 2 TBSP raspberry French dressing (elective)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Use a spoon to take away the mushroom gills from within the portobello caps.
- In a small saucepan mix the butter or olive oil and minced garlic.
- Warmth over low warmth and simmer for 2-3 minutes till the garlic is aromatic, but not browned and crispy.
- Brush every mushroom cap, in and out, with the garlic butter, putting the completed mushrooms in an oven-proof skillet or baking sheet.
- Halve the mozzarella balls and slice the cherry tomatoes.
- Fill every mushroom cap with mozzarella and tomatoes and sprinkle them with salt.
- Bake the mushrooms in the preheated oven for 20 minutes till the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are tender.
- Garnish the cooked mushrooms with sliced basil and drizzle with raspberry French dressing if desired.
- It’s also possible to use a number of smaller child bellas for bite-size appetizers.
- Retailer any leftovers in a hermetic container within the fridge.
Energy: 88kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 4gFats: 6gSaturated Fats: 4gPolyunsaturated Fats: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0.2gLdl cholesterol: 17mgSodium: 238mgPotassium: 346mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 258IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 0.4mg
What are your favourite filling choices for stuffed mushrooms? Go away a remark and share beneath!